Families with children
Time to relax for children and adults
We are so happy when children and their parents/grandparents visit us. We have chickens, rabbits and kittens. The kittens come every summer, and they enjoy the attention they get from our guests. Children can play in the swings or in the fields, while parents can sit an enjoy the nature and stunning views from Bakkelund.
Children friendly experiences
The white cliffs of Møn are both for children and adults. You can spend hours together searching for fossils at the beach, and if you are lucky you will see the worlds fastest bird, the peregrine falcon. Møn has a rich birdlife with birds like eagles, cranes and kites passing by Bakkelund during spring and autumn.
Would you like to see how Denmark was born? Then we can recommend a visit to Geocenter Møns Klint. Click here: http://www.moensklint.dk/.
If the weather is good then we recommend you to ‘Come and greet your favourite ice cream’ at Møn Ice cream. Come and see the cows being milked and greet their sweet calves. Click here: http://www.moen-is.dk/.
A trip to the labyrinth park is also a fun experience. Click here: http://www.kalvehave-labyrintpark.dk/
You can also visit BonBon-Land, which is 50 min drive from Bakkelund. Click here: http://bonbonland.dk/
During July the local town Stege holds a market every Tuesday. Entertainment and fun times for all ages. Click here: http://www.visitmoensklint.dk/tirsdagsmarked
After a long day it is wonderful to stay the night in our comfortable beds, and your children will most likely enjoy the loft room!
- Wonderfully decorated rooms with private bathrooms and direct access to private terraces with stunning views to the surrounding nature
- Cosy rooms with shared bathroom and views of the ocean and Møn’s Klint in the horizont.
- Breakfast buffet – our guests often praise the breakfast buffet and the cosy atmosphere in the dinning room. If you need a lunch pack for your day trip, you are able to prepare your own lunch pack and warm coffee from our breakfast buffet for a small additional payment.
- Wonderful cosy corners and a charming courtyard where you can sit and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and stunning view of the surrounding nature.
- Children below 2 years are free of charge if they stay in their parents bed or if you bring your own bed for the child. Breakfast is also free of charge for children below 2 years.
- Dogs are allowed in the rooms with private bathrooms.
- We happily share our recommendations for trips and adventures around Møn.
- High chairs and baby beds for small children
- Washing machine and dryer facilities
- Pets, swings, games and toys
- Great kitchen facilities if you wish to cook your own food
- Cosy living room area with TV
- Free Wifi everywhere at the Bed and Breakfast
- Cosy fireplace and BBQ area which is popular all year around
- Bus number 667 stops just outside our doorstep.
- One of the best panoramic views of Møn
And last, but not least: At Bakkelund you get a good nights sleep!
‘We have just had breakfast in your cosy dinning room after a good nights sleep in our cosy room. It has been a pleasure to stay here. Most of all your hospitality, little kittens and rabbits have had a positive impact on our experience of being here. COSY ATMOSPHERE!
‘The world’s best farm according to Bernd, 7 years’